Craniosacral Therapy and SomatoEmotional Release
Craniosacral Therapy is a modality which stems from osteopathy to enhance the functioning of the craniosacral system – a system of the body comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord. CST works directly with the bones and membrane system to relieve local and systemic pain and dysfunction. It is a light touch method of evaluating and treating, typically no greater than about the weight of a nickel. This enables access to the central nervous system facilitating healing from the core.
Complementing and enhancing the body’s natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease. It is also highly effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction, including:
- Migraine Headaches
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Orthopedic Problems
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Transient Ischemic Attack and Stroke
- Learning Disabilities
- Chronic Fatigue
- Emotional Difficulties
- Stress and Tension-Related Problems
- Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
- Neurovascular or Immune Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Post-Surgical Dysfunction
A branch of Craniosacral Therapy, SomatoEmotional Release (SER) is a therapeutic process that expands on those principles. It accesses the mind-body and the body-mind to help rid the residual effects of deep physical and emotional trauma and facilitate integration of the emotional, physical, spiritual, and mental aspects of self. SER offers applications designed to enhance results of CST and other complementary therapies.
Both Craniosacral Therapy and SomatoEmotional Release are modalities in which the client is fully clothed and range can last 45-75minutes.